Saturday, 1 December 2012

Testing Materials in the Hair


I bought some fringing from the haberdashery to add to my hair to see if it would create an interesting effect for one of my shoots. I have looked at textures a lot throughout my project and this material looked like something that may be on the end of a dress or on a headpiece from a Thai Hilltribe, mainly due to the bright colours.
I added it to a plait, it looks better towards the end of the hair as it is too hidden in the top, I think this would look exciting with the dreadlocks I am preparing for my editorial look.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting - but this needs further consideration (other materials, layering of materials, mixing of materials). Added to this you need to develop the make-up and hair concept by also focusing on the styled garments you wish to use. Fashion is a key component of this brief and you need to make this a part of your design development process.

    ReplyDelete