Friday, 16 November 2012

Making Synthetic Dreadlocks







I have been making synthetic dreadlocks out of crepe hair recently by backbrusshing them and setting with heat. The process is a very tiresome one but I want to create many more, in different colours and sizes. The ones in this post are my first attempts, I quite like the raw, messy feel of them. I have added them into my own hair using bobby pins just to have a play around with them and get a feel of how they work and how they can be styled. I didn't do anything fancy with them except plaiting, scrunching and placing them in various formations to create completely different looks. I definitely want to use dreadlocks in my editorial look but I would like to add more than just the 5 I currently have to my model... maybe more like 15-30

1 comment:

  1. A nice start, but you need to work on a head block to stand back from your experiment and work in a less stressful manner.

    Why use purple crepe hair?

    ReplyDelete